Friday, August 24, 2007

What a meeting last night!

Boy did we have a good meeting last night or what?! I was so wound up by the time I got home I couldn't sleep! (OK, it might have been all the chocolate but what a way to go!)

We had a total of 11 members which I think may be the highest number we've had at once. Very impressive. I had a little trouble following all the conversations but then I do tend to get distracted easily. (Quiet Lauren! No comments allowed from the cracker corner.) Allow me to attempt to summarize... half of us are hard of hearing, most of us have way too many social commitments (as evidenced by trying to get us all to the LA Fair), all of us care deeply for family and friends, we're all ready to laugh at our own foibles, and we all love to eat. Did I say that we're hard of hearing, maybe I meant we just don't/can't/won't focus! LOL! I had a great time even if I did miss some of the jokes.

Proud to say that Donna is VERY focused on conquering the sock monster. Sorry if I led you astray there with which you're supposed to do when trying to figure out the sequence. I promise it gets easier once you get past the first few rounds. I've started the heel flap on my socks and I didn't even have to make Shanda take off her shoes this time. (By the way, she's a really good sport!)

Laurie's entrelac scarf is gorgeous and I stil want to give the technique a try. She assures me it's not as hard as it seems, you just need to focus. (Oh Lord I think I'm in trouble!)

Lauren was working on her shawl for her brother's wedding. I think we need to have a picture of all of us with our Donna's Dishcloth Shawls. What'd say ladies? We can even probably get other members of our group to model the extras for the photo shoot. I only made the one but I think between Lauren and Donna there are at least 4 more. Would be a cute picture.

Loved your hat Priscilla! Didn't get a chance to really get around and talk to you much and get a good look at the hat but you wear it well. I didn't hear, is it for you or someone else? (And yes, this time I was paying attention!)

Well, I better actually get up and go do what I'm getting paid to do. See you all next time!

1 comment:

DaCraftyLady said...

I totally agree Denise it was a great night. We have had 11 members before I believe, but last night we sure were a lively bunch ...and I hope that toe of yours is surviving??? Wveryone had so many terrific projects to share, and Ranie always surprises us with her "attic wonders". Loved the cute little scarf and hat set!! thank you again Lauren [Mom] for letting us have it at your house...